Friday, June 6, 2014

official photo time ...

I have about 75 photos like this, which I now have to choose 
from for a photo on my living room wall!

we all remember back when I got my nice camera ...
and how I vowed to do my own pics to make it worth the price ...
well, here we are five years later!!!

the kids have grown - both in stature and in their loathing of being the subjects of photos.
sigh.
how did I manage to do this?
me, the wanna-be photographer!
me, the mom who sees the beautiful family portraits online and gushes
and gets excited for the possibilities of poses and places to do pics with her own little brood!

I have, indeed, stuck to my vow ...
we have not stepped foot in a studio since 2008 (before the camera)!
and, I have lots of adorable pics from my little photo shoots -
mostly of the very young and individual, but even a few of all four have managed to thrill me!

this hasn't happened for a few years now, though.
and days like today - when I end up coming home with four cranky kids,
wishing I could throw my own little tantrum - these are the days I seriously question my vow.

I guess I get what I get and I won't throw a fit.
the photos meant for the wall may never get there ...
and the random ones that amaze me will!

for today, I share the reality of "picture day" in our family ...
and I'll wonder how many of those "perfect" pics online have grumbling kids
and immensely frustrated parent photographers behind them!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment