Friday, December 13, 2013

friday fun & flashback ...

a
 have I mentioned how cold it's been here?
it started last week ... with the VERY cold mornings ... oh yes, I do believe I shared
some photos of our van with icy windows!!!
well - Saturday morning it was about 43 degrees, just before 10am, as 
Jericho and I headed to basketball evaluations!
I was excited with the number he got - it's my favorite!!!

he was doing pretty good, it was nearing 11am when there was an announcement:
"I've just been informed that it's snowing ... if you'd like we can open the door and look" ...
you can see that quickly the lady said, "oh go ahead and go out"!
after a few minutes they brought the kids back in, but let us leave early
so we could go home and play in the snow!
 

the snow lasted less than an hour and didn't make any significant
depth on the ground ... none-the-less, my kids were thrilled!!!
 
(I had called to tell the hubby to get the kids to look out the window! 
they had apparently already been out, but I insisted they come out once more
so I could capture it on video!  after all, it's been something like
fifteen years since it snowed here - it's very rare!!!)



 Sunday we found out which team Jericho would be on - and were told he needed 
some "indoor" shoes just for basketball!  while at Ross shoe shopping, I
found some fun pasta - and made it for dinner that night!!!



 last weekend I actually got four, or was it five?, boxes of craft stuff unpacked!!!
should I be ashamed to admit that I haven't made any progress the rest of the week?  lol!


 our decorations at night!!!


 when I saw this - I knew I had to get it for Liam's chocolate loving teachers!!!


 cold. cold. cold.
I haven't felt this sort of cold for five years!
brrrrrrr!!!!

on monday we went to a fun gingerbread house party, at the home
of one of Liam's little friends from school!
the three older kids made gingerbread houses (I ended up not having Zoey do one,
as they were very unstable and I knew it would just come apart over & over),
ate pizza - and candy, and played!!!  fun times!!!

 Zoey had to be corralled for the inside stuff ...
but got to have a little fun outside!!


and there's our fun & flashback - of the past week!!!
I know I'm behind on our elf's activities - I will update soon!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment