Tuesday, May 27, 2014

sad news from the tadpole tank ...

it is with sadness I post this today ...
on March 9 we discovered all the little eggs our african dwarf frogs laid - as of May 24 we had lost them all.

we were doing so well, I was so proud to see them growing and especially to see one become my itsy bitsy frog!!  I took this pic last week ...

on Friday (May 23) I found that nearly all our tadpoles were dead - it was so weird and I still don't know what happened?  I had changed their water (a few days prior), but this was nothing I hadn't done before (usually one or two would die after a water change).  I had found the light out one day, but quickly got a new one on them.  There were weird bugs in their water (my friend calls them rice bugs) - I found bugs in their water ever morning, they were likely attracted to the light.  So any one of those three things may have had something to do with it??  anyway, there were only four left ...
(that's four, there's a reflection)


I took this pic Friday night, by then we were down to just these two!
I was at my friend's house all day Saturday, doing a yard sale!  When I came home that night, I found my last two little guys had gone belly up!!  so sad.  it was a fun adventure and I just feel a bit bad and hope it wasn't something I did or could have prevented!  rip little tadpoles!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment