Friday, November 26, 2010

thankful ...

25~ I'm thankful for good deals

Even if it did mean standing in lines for HOURS! I went out black friday shopping with my mom and two friends and we had a blast! We left at 11pm last night and didn't get home until nearly 2pm today - whew! I was definitely beat. My feet are sore. My back is sore. My legs are sore. I've had two two-hour naps since 7:30am yesterday morning ... I was exhausted when I got home this afternoon (which is when I took one of those naps). We got lots of good deals. My friends got their laptops, which was a big deal. I got the one thing my hubby asked for, a game, and stood in line for three hours to pay for it - ugh. We did Walmart, ran through Carls Jr., Target, friends had to go back to Walmart for their laptops (it was quite a process), Starbucks, Kohls, and the BX. What a time we had. Lots of fun and laughter. Lots of money spent. Lots of money saved. I've never done the all-nighter thing, it was quite the experience - I'm so glad I went!!!

26~ I'm thankful for bedtime

In particular right now I'm thinking of my conversation with Liam as I put the boys to bed (yes, they went to bed an hour early - it just needed to happen). I was telling him that Nana and Granddaddy are leaving in the morning and he says to me "but I love peoples in my house". It was the sweetest thing, and he said it all sad and pathetic. We have this whole bedtime routine that I just love. I (usually) read them a story, then Liam and I tell a story (it's adorable, all about Ramone getting hurt and getting a band-aid and being all better! Sometimes Lightning is there too, and tonight he added Doc!) just the two of us on his bed, then I pray with him and give hugs and kisses, then I do AWANA verses with Jericho, we pray, hugs and kisses, and finally I tell them both goodnight and close the door. I started putting the boys to bed a few weeks ago (daddy and I alternated before, randomly, but it was more of a "get in bed, goodnight" thing) with this routine and I love it so much ... I'm actually sad now if I don't get to be the one to tuck them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment