Friday, October 29, 2010

ugh - the dentist ...

so, it's been a good fifteen years since I've had to have any "work" done on my teeth ... until today. I had a filling needing fixed and a new little cavity needed to be filled, I'll admit I was a little nervous as I sat in the dentist's chair! My nerves weren't eased too much with the disgusting taste of the assistant's gloves or the yucky mint taste of the gel to numb me for the two shots I then received! Then there were all sorts of contraptions to be put in my mouth, so not my cup of tea.

Both teeth were on my left side, one on top and one on the bottom. He started with the upper and it did not feel good - it felt like he was drilling a nerve or something (and I'm such a baby, I actually had two tears escape - one from each eye - and had to really give myself a mental pep talk so I wouldn't continue) ... all I could think was, next time I'll have to be put under - lol. The second tooth was fine, didn't feel a thing.

All in all it was pretty quick. Of course I can't eat now, though, and wanted to get a caramel frappaccino for lunch ... but the hubs called and told me I needed to get home asap so he could return to work. Bummer.

Anyways, I survived - despite my lack of enjoying people "working" in my mouth (it's almost a fear). I thought for sure I looked horrendous, for the way my face feels, but you really can't tell that my tongue feels gigantic and everything is all numb! Thank you dentist, for my "break" (yah, he was like "hey, you get a break from the kids" after asking if they were home with dad) and for taking my money, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment